[NSRCA-discussion] SPEKTRUM Modules for Futaba

Jon Lowe jonlowe at aol.com
Tue Aug 19 20:05:58 AKDT 2008

 I don't know if people are interested, but Horizon Hobby is offering Spektrum 2.4 gHz modules that fit Futaba radios (9c, 9z, 12z, 14mz, etc.) for only $109.95 WITH a 7 channel Spektrum receiver.? Since that receiver is normally $99.99 by itself, that is getting the module for $10.? The module with a 9 channel receiver is only $179.99, again only $10 more than the receiver alone.? I speculate they are clearing them out since Futaba has come out with their own 2.4 module system.? Spektrum modules for JR transmitters are still the old price.? I have had no problems with the module system in my two 10x's for over a year, and I bought a Futaba set for an old 9VAP I have laying around.? Some people don't like the cable hook up to the antenna on the Spektrum module system, but I have had zero problems with it.? Surprisingly robust.? This is the cheapest way I've seen to get into a 2.4 system if you have a module transmitter.

No, I am not sponsored by Spektrum (or anyone else!)!

Jon Lowe