[NSRCA-discussion] wattmeters/whattmeters

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Wed Aug 13 09:13:19 AKDT 2008

Jerry,

I use the Sears clamp on all the time. I like it because not only does it measure DC current without having to insert in the battery lead, it also allows me to measure each battery before use (just to make sure it is charged).

I also have an Eagle Tree eLogger with the optional LCD display, and really like it because I can program it to display various parameters, not only instantaneous values like voltage and current, but also the max current during a flight, minimum voltage, and mah consumed - like a gas gauge.

It will also measure temp, rpm, airspeed and other parameters with various plug-in options, and can record all this information during flight for later download to a computer for analysis. So far I have only used the LCD display for the output. Nice, since it tells me all that I want to know and I don't have to bother with a computer at the field.

Bob R