[NSRCA-discussion] Sealing Paint Edges on FG Fuse

Mark McLeod markmcleod at comcast.net
Mon Aug 11 06:20:11 AKDT 2008

I had to enlarge some openings on a fiberglass fuse to increase the header
and pipe clearances. I bought this plane used and don't know what type of
paint and/or clear coat was used originally.

My question is, do I need to seal the edges to keep the nitro from attacking
the paint? If so, what type of clear coat or sealant would work and not
react with the existing finish? I have no spray equipment and would need
something in a can or that could be dabbed on.

Thanks