[NSRCA-discussion] September Pattern Contest in Jacksonville, FL

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Fri Aug 1 09:11:10 AKDT 2008

I apologize, I did not mean for my statement to sound negative in any way! I was not complaining about having to fly the F sequence! I was just commenting on the fact that, for some of us, having to practice the F sequence depends on the likelyhood we would ever have to fly it in a contest. For those (like yourself) that stand a very good chance of making it into the finals regardless, it would make more sense to practice the F sequence more than the P, since the F carries most of the weight in the finals.

BTW, if I ever did make it into the finals, I would not hesitate to fly the F sequence. But, from my perspective, it would almost be like flying an unknown sequence.

(Come to think of it, ANY sequence in existence today would be an unknown for ME)  ;-)

Bob R

--- On Thu, 7/31/08, JShulman <jshulman at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

I don't want the F sequence to scare off pilots from flying FAI. I was simply asking if we were going to fly it or not.