[NSRCA-discussion] Park flyers for pattern practice?

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Tue Apr 29 19:41:15 AKDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:21:05 -0400
"george w. kennie" <geobet at gis.net> wrote:

> Tom,
> I don't want to throw a little cold water, buuuut........, I've built
> a ton of these 36"-40" flat foamies and it's been my experience that
> if you want something to practice schedules with OUTDOORS you're
> never going to be quite happy with anything in this size range.

<SNIP - lots of good insight>

Thanks for the feedback and reality check George :)  I was thinking
about that blue foamie of yours when I was writing my query this
morning.  Part of my thinking is that airfoiled flying surfaces of a
built up park flyer would help it fly less like a foamie, but your
point about wing loading helping the tracking and penetration in wind
is right on as well.  Great food for thought!

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com