[NSRCA-discussion] Rules change proposal

chris moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 18:29:50 AKDT 2008

I wonder why my pic won't show up inline with the message?  I'm trying
again....

John Konneker wrote:

  I have been impressed by the spirit of fair play and
sportsmanship in the NSRCA since returning to pattern.

I feel though that there has been an oversight in the rules that I
think now could be corrected.

I just got in from flying my Focus II for the first time since last
October.

It (I) was terrible! The long winter layoffs here in the northern
climes imposes a real hardship on pattern pilots living here.

To be fair I would like to propose an adjustment to the maneuver
k-factors based on the annual mean temperature and

extreme lows (I want to leave out highs) of where one lives.

For example my lowest k-factor would be 10 for landing and takeoff and
then go up from there according to degree of difficulty of

maneuver. In some cases I can see 20+ easily.

Folks like Derek, Ron Davies, Chris Fitzsimmons living in California
would have highest k-factors of 1...who knows...maybe even fractional
or minus.  These k-factors would be assigned by pilot and voted on only
by members that have at least 24" of snow each year.

What do you all think?

I want to be fair.

JLK