[NSRCA-discussion] Are the high gas prices going to change your contest plans?

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Tue Apr 22 19:59:41 AKDT 2008

Hey Chad and all,

I do the same...well, we all do the same if we want to fly anywhere
outside of Oz or some of the more distant domestic comps.

My box is actually 747 floor boards-nice Carbon Nomex painted yellow so
the box doesn't get stolen!!

And by packing all my clothes etc in it, I can manage 20Kg all up with
no excess baggage charges. Carry on,  is the Transmitter case but
batteries have to be removed from Tx.

Also, we found it usually pays to let the airline know  ahead of time
what you are carrying-that way when you check in, they have it all there
on the screen and you are no longer at the mercy of the check in people.
This is for International travel offcourse. Domestic, I haven't
bothered.

 Offcourse if I could manage a first class flight-then I'd get 40kg
allowance-hey I could take two!!

Tom