[NSRCA-discussion] Mailing list migrations

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Mon Apr 21 13:31:00 AKDT 2008

Hello everyone,

The move of lists.nsrca.org to new hardware seems to have gone largely
un-noticed (which is good!).  Now that we're on faster hardware with
better connectivity, I would like to go ahead and migrate the various
remaining @nsrca.org lists (district lists and whatnot) to the
lists.nsrca.org server.

What does this mean?

For one thing it means that people can easily self-manage their
subscriptions via the web.  In addition we'll get the benefit of having
searchable archives available on the district lists.

What do I have to do?

Nothing really.  As part of the process, I'll import the existing list
populations into Mailman so people don't have to re-subscribe.  This
means everyone will be getting a "welcome to list whatever" message when
they are added.  You may want to update your address book entries if you
are a frequent poster.

If I don't need to do anything why are telling me this?

Because I can't think of a clever literary expression about real life
intruding on my pattern time!

Seriously though, if you have problems with the lists or questions
please let me know so I can address them ASAP.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com