[NSRCA-discussion] Toledo Indoor Pattern Contest

Mark Atwood atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Mon Apr 7 09:56:33 AKDT 2008

I can¹t agree more on all counts.  I was there both Friday and Saturday
night assisting Nicolas Pietu from France (that¹s a story in and of
itself...) and while there was a lot of amazing flying, Ryan, Gernot and
Brandon (along with Andrew, but he has a trophy to signify HIS
performance...congrats!!!) put on an amazing show.

Ryan especially deserves (in my mind) a big congrats for flying some
tremendous known sequences as well as a spectacular freestyle.  And hats off
to him for stepping it up a notch in the last round by taking his rolling
loop through the rafters without even losing the geometry!

Brandon..well...that was just plain fun to watch.

A comment to ALL the competitors though comes from Nicolas Pietu.  He and
his brother were there from France...Nicolas is the current French indoor
national champion (indoor F3P is much more popular and well attended on the
other side of the pond) and he was in awe.  Difficulties with his airplanes
(their crate was damaged on the flights over) led to a less than satisfying
performance for him, but he was amazed by the depth of talented flyers.  His
comment was that there are only 2 or 3 people that he is used to seeing that
level of flying from...not all 25.  He took over 400 photos and video clips
for an article in the French magazine that sponsored their trip.  Point is
that EVERY pilot there put on a great show and was worthy to be in the
contest.

Congrats to all...

-M