[NSRCA-discussion] For Sale

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Wed Sep 26 08:53:29 AKDT 2007

John,

  I can highly recommend the 47" planes from www.3DHobbyshop.com. We have the Extra SHP, the Katana, and will be getting the Velox very soon. These are all aerobatic planes more suited for 3D flying but do fairly well with precision if the throws are toned down a lot. :-)

  They also have the Aspera which is a pure pattern plane. It will fly with the 3S 2100 packs but will need to be propped for about 32-35 amps static WOT.  I fly it occasionally with a 3S pack without changing the prop from the 4S setup, and it suffers some in vertical, but is a joy to fly in calm air close to the ground.  This plane is similar in some respects to the Vanquish, the fuselage is slimmer so it can fly a little faster, and I think it does slow/point rolls better than the Vanquish.  The Vanquish is better at snap rolls, very predictable. Fatter fuselage is slower.

  Check out the batteries at 3DHS as well, they now have their own line of batteries, the 3S 2200 20C packs are only $46, and they have 4S 2200 20C packs for $70.

  Extreme Flight also has the 45" Extra which flies very well on 3S 2100 packs. Be sure to install the extra carbon reinforcement on the tail (don't ask me how I know). The tail surfaces on the 3DHS planes are beefier in this respect.

  Don't bother with a Brio 10. I was very disappointed with the flight characteristics. JMHO.

  Bob R.

John Ferrell <johnferrell at earthlink.net> wrote:
          I recently bought a heli with 2100-3s packs and I have been slowly working my way towards an airplane that uses these packs.

  What airplanes-size-weight are you using with these packs?

  The Vanquish and Brio 10 need more than that..
  John Ferrell    W8CCW
"Life is easier if you learn to plow
       around the stumps"
http://DixieNC.US