[NSRCA-discussion] Mid-Air discussion

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Wed Sep 26 02:24:22 AKDT 2007

I have a freind that had three midairs in one season. One of the midairs was my plane which he had borrowed.

  I have no problem with calling avoidance. It rarely happens in IMAC. I don't think it is abused.

  Bob R.

J N Hiller <jnhiller at earthlink.net> wrote:

    v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                If I am in the process of hosing a maneuver can I bail out claming mid-air avoidance and re-fly it?
  I have only had one mid-air in pattern competition and that was pre-turnaround, on a turnaround over a quarter mile out. I had a close one this year I saw the other airplane go by and heard the gasps from behind without flinching. I flew in a Scale Masters finals competition once in LasVegas with five flight lines. I have gotten so I don’t pay any attention to other airplanes when I am flying.
  I guess I would flinch plenty, maybe even crash if we were using that 140 DB air horn to warn of potential midairs.
  Jim Hiller

Bob Richards
bob at toprudder.com
http://www.toprudder.com