[NSRCA-discussion] Elevator setup with anhedral stabs(observaton)

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Sun Sep 23 09:16:38 AKDT 2007

Stu,
Another option that might work would be to use a set of Dubro 1/2 A single
servo aileron clevises, which are just a piece of approx. 5/32" diameter
nylon rod about 7/8" long with a center hole drilled longitudinally in one
end and two flats ground on the opposite end with a cross hole drilled
through the flat section. It's meant to thread onto a 2X56 aileron torsion
rod for clevis attachment, but you could use it to be affixed to the end of
the two carbon rods which could be splayed so that they never cross when
deflected. Thread a longer third carbon rod through the two flat holes which
should give you a horizontally FLAT reference when at center deflection.
Then any deviation from horizontal throughout the deflection range would be
easily observed or measured. You might have to cant the cross bore holes,
and you should also be able to move the surface rods in and out on the
surface to indicate any twists in the elevator construction.

Just a thought.
Georgie