[NSRCA-discussion] Elevator setup with anhedral stabs

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Fri Sep 21 10:06:44 AKDT 2007

In regards to control horn positions etc.  The anhedral stab I am setting up
is a replacement for a standard stab with servos in each half.  I used the
same control horns, rods and servos.  Right servo stayed on right side etc.
Even with trying to keep everything the same, end points needed to be
adjusted on one servo to match throw to the other one.  Some slight change
in control horn positioning, control rod angle etc caused a difference.
Control horns are Chip Hyde, so not adjustable. (I would only use that type
with twin servos that can be adjusted individually.  With DEPS type systems
an adjustable control horn makes much more sense.)

Stuart