[NSRCA-discussion] Elevator setup with anhedral stabs

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Fri Sep 21 05:24:09 AKDT 2007

I tried this question on RCU and didn't get any great answers so I thought I
would try here.

Does anyone have a good method for comparing the throw of both elevator
halves on anhedral stabs?  With a regular stab I use a 15 inch piece of 1/8
carbon fiber rod on each elevator meeting behind the rudder and compare
their track with movement of the elevator stick.  This is much more accurate
to me, than clip on throw meters or ruler measurements.  With anhedral stabs
the two rods will separate as you give up elevator and come together and
cross with down elevator.  I guess you can measure the height of the end of
the rod from the table at different positions but does anyone have a better
method?

Thanks,
Stuart