[NSRCA-discussion] Engine cooling

Rex LESHER trexlesh at msn.com
Sat Sep 15 10:34:59 AKDT 2007

Paul

There are a few options...  If you don't like the looks of having a scoop on top of the fuselage nose, you can use a nasa duct.  All you will see
is a somewhat teardrop shaped hole in the fuse....  The other way is to place a scoop on top.  Aeroslave has scoops you can order, or make one
yourself and bond it on.  I like the nasa duct because you can simply grind the duct hole in the fuse and reseal the raw edges without  making
a mess of the paint job.  The air directing scoop is bonded on the inside of the plane and directs air onto the crankcase.   I don't  have any
pics of the ones I've used.  Maybe someone out there can help.  If not, I could sketch it out for you....  It's pretty simple to do, and doesn't take
much time.

Rex