[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba 9z with Spektrum SPMMSFUT7

Jon Lowe jonlowe at aol.com
Fri Sep 7 07:27:16 AKDT 2007

I have been using the SPEKTRUM modules in my 2 JR 10x's for several
months now.  While the installation with the cable coming out the back
of the module looked kludgy to me at first, in practice, it has been
very reliable.  With the 10x, you take the transmitter antenna off
everytime you put it in the case anyway, so the only additional step is
the connector on the back of the module.  The only issue I had was the
outer nut that holds the connector in place on the module coming loose.
  A drop of CA to keep it from loosening fixed that with no further
problems.

You will note that none of the add on modules use the existing
transmission path that go the the orignal antenna. The original path
would be very lossy to the 2.4GHz band.  The shielded cable that
Spektrum uses, and the built in antenna on the Futaba modules takes
care of this.

Several people have tried my 10x with the SPEKTRUM module in their
trays, and none have been an issue so far.  The transmitter handle is
already in the area anyway, and the trays allow for clearance for that
anyway.

Jon Lowe