[NSRCA-discussion] Regulator required?

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Wed Sep 5 20:01:13 AKDT 2007

Only if you want to improve your flying.  What if your servo travel
changed from flight to flight?  You would compensate but it would not
help your performance.  Servo travel is not affected by voltage in
modern servos but speed is.  With a five cell pack your servos get
slower and slower with each flight as the voltage drops.  You will
compensate to some degree but it would help if you didn't have to
compensate.  A good voltage regulator is the answer.  In your case
you would like to keep flying until your pack gets down to 5.9 volts,
so I would recommend a 5.7 volt regulator that will regulate with 5.9
volts input.
So the answer to your question is; only if you want to fly better.

Jim O