[NSRCA-discussion] Weather Vane

Jim Alberico alberji at charter.net
Sat Oct 27 19:46:23 AKDT 2007

Thanks, Don!

I think I follow, mostly.
(quite a challenge presenting those details without pictures and equations,
I know)   ;-)

Here's how I interpret:
1.) Increasing counter rudder required throughout vertical deceleration.
2.) Amount of counter rudder ("steepness" of curve) is proportional to
amount of directional stability.

As a totally green pattern flyer, I think I learned something practical here
to take to the field.

No wonder my rotations often occur too early!  :-)

Jim A

  _____