[NSRCA-discussion] Judging-snap & spin

Mark Atwood atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Mon Oct 22 07:21:35 AKDT 2007

It would seem from all that I¹ve read on this discussion...that getting a
³10² on this maneuver is not technically possibly.  There seem to be
mutually exclusive criteria in play.  This has been the conundrum from the
get go...that we as a group can¹t decide on what the maneuver SHOULD be,
much less figure out how to properly ³view² it and its many erroneous
manifestations.

Personally, I think we¹re spending way too much time critiquing the entry,
and not enough effort critiquing the exit.   My eye, and aerodynamic
understanding is not good enough for me to zero many snaps or spins on the
entry...most get to the snap stage within a 1/4 rotation (about .01sec it
seems) but MANY seem to cheat the exit. Especially in spins, often rolling
the last 3/4 of a roll.  That to me is both a more egregious error, and also
far less in ³debate² and therefore a better place to put emphasis, provided
that a ³Snap² was entered reasonably at the beginning of the maneuver.

-M