[NSRCA-discussion] Judging-snap & spin

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Mon Oct 22 07:06:54 AKDT 2007

Jon Lowe wrote:

> Hmmm, then with the current rules that state we must have a pitch break
> first, it would be impossible to score a ten!  One wing is not going to
> have separated flow until it also breaks in yaw and roll.  Hence having
> simultaneous rotation in all three axis is a better rule, and one hell
> of a lot easier to judge.

As an interested bystander (not competing or judging at present),
it seems to me that the other folks are asking for TWO maneuvers
to be demonstrated:

-- a classical stall with a pitch break
-- a snap

They seem to think that all stalls will be detectable from
the ground--or that the pilot's job is to make them detectable.

That does not seem sweetly reasonable to me.

I like your rule better than theirs.

				Marty