[NSRCA-discussion] Judging-snap & spin

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sun Oct 21 15:53:19 AKDT 2007

  Ed Alt <ed_alt at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Should we eliminate snaps in Pattern?  I don’t much care for them, but I can live with them. I would like to at least keep their use to an absolute minimum due to the inherent mismatch with precision flying and performing and judging a true snap roll correctly.  It’s based entirely too much on the opinions of the observer.

  IMHO, it would be nice to have all snaps at a position in the sequence that would be easy to observe the snap. Don't have them in turnaround maneuvers where the snap would be the furthest point from the judges, don't have them where you are looking directly at the top or bottom of the plane (can't easily observe deviation in pitch) etc.

  Bob R.