[NSRCA-discussion] Problem JR10 X Battery Cassette

John Johnson patrnflyr at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 17:02:46 AKDT 2007

Mine wasn't actually the fuse when it died, but the diode on the circuit board within the battery container.  I can't remember exactly what it looks like but I think it was gray with black lines around it.  Mine wouldn't take a charge because I got the charger wiring backwards, but the fuse was still intact.  If the fuse isn't the problem, you can still look at the circuit board like we did.  Hope this helps.  John

From: pnahobbies at sbcglobal.netTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:52:10 -0500Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Problem JR10 X Battery Cassette

Vince,

I think I got the fuse from RadioShack.  If you bring the blown one, they can tell you which one.
I may have some somewhere.  If you can not find one, let me know.  I believe the fuse is about 1/2" long and a little less than 1/4" diameter.

Ihncheol

Thanks Ed.  I know how to solder electronic components.  I could replaced myself.  Anyone knows where to buy this small fuse and the specs?

Thanks,

--Vicente "Vince" Bortone

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Ed Alt" <ed_alt at hotmail.com>

Its a blown fuse Vince.  This sometimes happens because of a temporary short when plugging or unplugging the charge jack, especially if using an aftermarket adapter.  You can either send it in or if handy with a soldering iron and if you can find the part locally, replace it yourself.  Its a dumb design that requires the user to send equipment in for repair because of a blown fuse, but there it is.  Great radio otherwise.

Ed

-----Original Message-----From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of vicenterc at comcast.netSent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:52 PMTo: NSRCA NSRCASubject: [NSRCA-discussion] Problem JR10 X Battery Cassette

I am having problems with one of my batteries.  The radio works but the battery does not want to charge.  I checked and there is a circuit board with just one component.  It appears a resistor or something similar.  I think that is the bad component but not sure now.  I just want to check if someone out there had similar problem and solved.

Thanks,

--Vicente "Vince" Bortone