[NSRCA-discussion] Aileron Servoes

Marty King mking46516 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 14:19:03 AKDT 2007

Gene,

I had these in the tail of a Shadow and I would be
hesitant about using them on an aileron. I put new
gears in them after a season and I am not sure if I
had known the tooth size before the install I doubt I
would have used them at all. These things are tiny! I
use YS and the vibration would have killed them on the
bigger surface. They might last on an electric but I
would not recommend them on a two meter glow.

Marty

--- Gene Maurice <gene.maurice at sgmservice.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with the Futaba
> s9650 servos on ailerons??
> The specs look good, .11 sec. / 62.5 oz./in. @6.0v
> and only .9 oz. for $50.
> I'm a die hard JR servo fan but like I said, the
> spec and price look pretty
> good.

Marty King

AMA 9945 LM, CD