[NSRCA-discussion] Something different

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon Oct 15 04:32:27 AKDT 2007

I have had two speed controllers end up in the lake, and both times they were fried - literally - before we could even get the plane out of the water. I have witnessed several others have the same fate. I have not had the pleasure of dunking a Castle controller yet. :-)

  Bob R.

Scott Pavlock <f3aflyer7 at gmail.com> wrote:
  If it is a castle controller it should be fine. You just have to let it dry for a few days and make sure there's no contaminants.

  On 10/13/07, Bob Richards <bob at toprudder.com> wrote:    Speed controllers can become toast almost instantly when coming in contact with water. The rx and servos can be flushed out out and dried with compressed air and they will probably be ok.

  Don't ask me how I know. :-)

  Bob R.