[NSRCA-discussion] Weather Vane

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Sun Oct 14 10:21:03 AKDT 2007

Excellent.  Not only do you understand it, but you can explain it.
We do a lot of things instinctively after lots to trial and error.
Everyone can benefit by understanding what it takes to do the
maneuvers correctly under all weather conditions before they go out
to practice.

I need one bit of clarification though.  Isn't the relative wind
aligned with the track of the cg?

I wonder how steady the crosswind is when we climb 600 ft. in a stall
turn?  Perhaps there is enough variation that even though the novice
pilot never touches the rudder we see the crab?

Thank you for your patience.

Jim O