[NSRCA-discussion] Rudder

rjo626 at aol.com rjo626 at aol.com
Thu Oct 11 14:19:41 AKDT 2007

???? If you're saying that the crosswind is not affecting the airplane once the wheels are
off the ground, why would the airplane go left when I let off of right rudder after the
wheels have left the ground? When there's not a cross wind, I don't need to apply rudder
on the ground or in the air.?And once off the ground, I'm not talking about the airplane
flying at an angle, (crab, slide, weather vane, etc..)?by itself, I'm saying it wants to go
directly into the wind... Well, I doubt that it actually WANTS to,?but it is affected by the
wind.?Possibly being turned until equal pressure is acquired on all surfaces? Can this be
compared in any way to knife edge flight? Some planes fly more nose up than others to
maintain level flight... I can't explain technically WHY it does, but I know that my Storm
tends to head into the wind at low speeds... like right?AFTER the turn in a stall turn. It
does not point directly at the ground, and I'm not holding rudder to get the nose into
the wind.