[NSRCA-discussion] Weather Vane

ron at inweldcorp.com ron at inweldcorp.com
Thu Oct 11 11:03:24 AKDT 2007

Hey Ron;

I haven't read all of this fine discussion but I totally agree with your
explanation.  I also think we turn into the wind at the top of a stall
turn because it makes the turn appear to be tighter form the ground.  If
we turn away from the wind the drift of the aircraft with the wind makes
the turn appear to have a greater radius.

I think we need to put the nonbelievers in the middle of the Gulf Stream
in a row boat and see if they weather vane.

Ron Needham