[NSRCA-discussion] Rudder

rjo626 at aol.com rjo626 at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 16:26:45 AKDT 2007

???? You have to consider equal and opposite reactions. The CG goes through the air with forward motion. (kinetic energy) The fuse will rotate around the CG, crab, weather vane, whatever... in a cross wind. In
a crosswind, and the airplane at a high speed, the airplane appears to be flying "straight", but the track
is blown in the direction of the wind... The CG, the entire airplane. In this case, we wind correct with
rudder. Nose into the wind. At slower speeds, takeoffs and landings for example, (my airplane anyway)
the fuse rotates around the CG, nose into the wind. Taking off left to right, wind in my face, I have to
hold right rudder on rollout. When it breaks ground, the nose STILL wants to go into the wind. To hold
heading,?I would still have to hold right rudder. If not, it "sniffs" into the headwind. You can't tell?me you?
all haven't experienced this.