[NSRCA-discussion] District 3 Advancement and points...

Lamar Blair lamarblair at Charter.net
Fri Oct 5 08:58:01 AKDT 2007

Jason,

That's the way it's always been with Masters and FAI I always ask the pilot which class they want their points kept in. If someone is concerned about someone winning Masters and FAI then the statement that Jason wrote could be added to what we have now.

The 2008 points procedure is outlined below.

  1.. Points towards the district championship can only be earned by attending District 3 contests.
  2.. First place will receive 5 points, second place 4 points, third place 3 points, fourth place 2 points, fifth place one point.
  3.. One point is earned for each pilot beaten whether the contestant places first, second or next to last.
  4.. Only five contests count toward the District Championship. If a pilot competes in seven contests in the district then the points from the best five counts toward the total points. Note: the District Championship Contest is counted as one of the five scores.
  5.. Pilots in contention for the District Championship do not have to compete at the District Championship meet to be declared District Champion.
  6.. The District Championship meet will be worth 1 1/2 times the points.
7.       A pilot accumulates points during the year for the class in which they fly. If they decide to move up in class, they will keep their points in the lower class, and begin accumulating points in the higher class until the end of the year. Once you move up in class, you cannot move back down (per AMA). Masters and FAI pilots must choose either class to accumulate points, but cannot choose both. A pilot, therefore, may only be eligible for one district championship.

8.       You must be a member of NSRCA to accumulate points toward the District Championship. For new members, contests you attend before you join will not count.

Lamar Blair