[NSRCA-discussion] Mid-Air discussion

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Oct 2 08:47:53 AKDT 2007

Very good points, Chris. I especially like the last paragraph. Something to think about.

  Bob R.

"White, Chris" <chris at ssd.fsi.com> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Brian Young also had a midair at N Dallas in 2003

  Hmmm
. Cost vs Value of running 2 flight lines?  How much does time saving cost
?  We’d get to see a lot more flying if only one were ran with maybe 2 ready boxes and a line chief so flights could rapidly commence.  Start the contest at 9:00 am and use a good sunspot.  Get the FAI guys flying first, Masters next etc.  The safety factor would increase because there would be no carryouts during flying in session.  The pilots would know when they were going to fly way in advance with plenty of time to mentally prepare.  There would be no fear in flight of midairs
.only intense concentration on maneuveringJ  Would a person fly 4 rounds if they knew they had to????   Contests would be a lot more laid back wouldn’t they?

  Is the question of pattern quality, or just how many competition flights we can get in.  Would we be better pilots with better performance if we focused more on making each flight count????

  Chris White