[NSRCA-discussion] Information

Michael Wickizer mwickizer at msn.com
Wed Nov 28 07:35:17 AKST 2007

I wouldn't say this is a common problem, but it definitely has happened before.  The motor will still run by removing the black check valve and putting the line directly on the brass nipple.  My understanding is that it will a run a little rougher in the mid range if I remember correctly.  I haven't heard of anybody successfully reusing the check valve once it is loose but that doesn't mean it can't be done.  The check valve needs to fit tightly like the original press fit.  Don's idea of the high temp silicone may work being very careful not to get any ingested into the system.  Do a search on the YS thread on RCU, there has been discussion of this problem before.

From: ggall at bellsouth.netTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:35:47 -0500Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Information

Thanks for the reply Bob:
 The brass part is still in the head & looks fine , the check valve pulled off. The plastic ck valve end looks sort of frayed like it was glued onto the brass nipple. It pushes back on but not tight.

Jerry Gallagher

Did the check valve pull of the brass nipple, or did the brass nipple pull out of the head? The check valve is a tight press fit on the nipple, if it is still tight in the head you could replace the check valve. If the nipple pulled out, I'm not sure what you would do, maybe somebody else will chime in here.

The check valve prevents air from getting into the feed line through the injector. There must be some low throttle, high G condition or something that can cause this, but the check valve was not installed on the 140DZ series engines. Bob Kanegetterflash at yahoo.com

 I have had the DZ check valve (part # YES5130 on Central hobbies exploded view of the engine) come off the top of the YS160DZ. It looks like it just came unglued from the connection that looks like it is pressed into the head. The question how do I put it back on & what kind of adhesive should I use (if that is the way to fix it) that will withstand the heat of the engine?
 Thanks
 I also was wondering what is it's function?
 Again thanks.

Jerry Gallagher