[NSRCA-discussion] Pwer plant performance at WC

rcpattern at swtexas.net rcpattern at swtexas.net
Sun Nov 18 15:13:12 AKST 2007

Well the top 3 all were flying YS 1.70's.  CPLR and BPLR may have had
problems, but QQ and Onda didn't.  People have issues with electrics as
well, batteries too cold, ESC, etc....  I think both setups work really
well, but still there are no certainties.  I think electrics having
problems in the winds has been solved by guys going to smaller higher pitch
props.  Jason won one of the unknowns, and Seba flew well, so I don't think
it is that big of an issue any longer.  Electrics definitely have the
ability to fly faster when needed thanks to some of the new props and
techniques learned by these guys,

I still think it is personal preference and both setups can work equally
well.  They both have things you need to learn with them, and I know the
weather changed significantly from day to day at the WC from hot to cold
and back to hot, and there are things that might have to be adjusted for
the days conditions.

Arch