[NSRCA-discussion] wing tube sleeve hole

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 8 19:34:20 AKST 2007

I bevel the inside of the sleeve and use it to cut the hole by rotating it
while gently pushing it into the foam. The foam will brake loose about every
3 inches and needs to be ejected from the sleeve.
I cut the tube hole before sheeting as I use a partial rib to support the
outer end and need the tube sleeve to locate it before sheeting the core.
The core is supported in the shucks and shimmed as necessary to the proper
dihedral angle. The tube is slightly above center at the root to get the
outer end near the center. The core blank is cut with the root parallel to
the centerline so it is easy to cut the tube hole 90 degrees with a simple
guide for height and square ness. See photo. I hope I reduced the photo
enough to fit this post. Contact me directly for other or larger photos.
Jim Hiller