[NSRCA-discussion] [SPAM] Re: Wing Construction

Earl Haury ejhaury at comcast.net
Wed Nov 7 12:38:33 AKST 2007

Nat

I tried the double sided tape years ago. The surfaces must be very clean for it to work, even then the stuff didn't last and was heavier than epoxy. Having tried most of the popular adhesives and tested them for strength, epoxy and poly-u are the only products I consider acceptable. I've found that the poly-u produces a "wavy" wing surface after a couple of years. Not de-adhesion but (apparently) continued expansion? Anyway, epoxy provides the strongest, lightest, most durable skin adhesion (in my experience).

Earl