[NSRCA-discussion] DX7?

AWorrest at aol.com AWorrest at aol.com
Fri Nov 2 08:17:55 AKDT 2007

I've used the Spektrum DX7 in my pattern plane this summer. Its quicker
response compared to my 72MHz JR9303 PCM is so much better that I would be
reluctant to use the 9303 again on my pattern planes. However the DX7 programing
versatility is so lacking that it will drive you to buy a 9303 2.4. For 80% of the
modelers, the DX7 programming is sufficient and the 9303 is overkill. But once
you understand the 9303 programming, it is hard to step back.

The 9303 2.4 is said to have the same low latency as the DX7. Besides the
9303 programming, the 2.4 version has  2048 resolution compared to the DX7 1024.

The Spektrum modules for existing transmitters don't have the DX7 quicker
response. I've seen it written that they are no worst than the original PCM
configuration. They also lack the "model match" and "servo sync" features of the
DX7.

When my LHS gets in a 9303 2.4 without the servos, my DX7 will be put up for
sale.

Allan