[NSRCA-discussion] 17 Annual Pocono Pattern contest

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Thu May 17 18:41:57 AKDT 2007

Hey Y'all!

It's getting to be that time of year again!  Same Bat time, same Bat station - 3rd weekend in June, 23-24 with open flying practice on Friday the 22nd at the RAMAC field in Marshalls Creek, PA.  All classes with P07 for FAI, engraved wood plaque awards 1st - 3rd.

We're also going to do the Mini e-Pattern thing again after regular competition ends for the day on Saturday, complete with the prestigious championship award plaques that accompany the honor of kicking butt with 24 oz of wood or foam.  Same rules as last time.  There will be two classes, Novice & Expert.  Expert will be full turn-around style, Novice will have times when the box is exited and re-entered, but there will be some end box figures.  Take off and landing is not judged.  We'll make up new patterns from last year and give it to you the day of the contest.  Pretend it's an IMAC unknown or something. Model has to be fixed wing.  Has to be electric, one prop. Total battery capacity not to exceed 2200mAh, not to exceed 3 cells if a LiPo or Li Ion or 9 cells if you need the ballast and want to use NiMH, NiCAD, Lead Acid etc.

See you there!

Thanks
Ed