[NSRCA-discussion] After run oil?

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at tx.rr.com
Tue May 15 18:42:03 AKDT 2007

Careful John, Marvel oil will thicken and eventually turn pretty hard, and
be difficult to remove.  This takes several years of storage though.

The OS140 burns bearings faster than the OS160 so less precautions are
needed for the 160.  Let me repeat what I've found after getting
non-repeating results with other methods.  Run the engine on FAI (no nitro)
fuel for 30 secs at the end of the day.  1/2 the corrosion problems are due
to the combustion byproducts sitting in the engine (nitric acid is from
burning nitro).  "rinsing" in this way and letting the engine get hot/up to
temperature both flushes the nitric acid and coats the engine in oil.  The
heat evaporates any methanol so there are no hygroscopic materials left.

Doing this will give consistently good results.

--Lance