[NSRCA-discussion] After run oil?

Keith Black tkeithblack at gmail.com
Sat May 12 23:17:08 AKDT 2007

Wayne is correct about needing a bearing replacement two years in a row
after flying in Houston and Nederland (not only was it humid but it also
rained). In fact, with the standard bearings in the Webra 1.45 I had to
changes bearings every 9 to 11 hours of flight regardless of what procedure
I used. However, after switching to the stainless steel bearing (after Boca
finally began making one) I'm now at 43 hours of flight time and the
bearings are still in great shape even after flying at Houston, Nederland
and then hanging it in my garage in Garland (Dallas) for seven months. In
fact, I stopped using after run oil due to what Wayne mentioned which is it
tends to accumulate around the glow plug and fowl it more quickly than when
not using after run oil.

I do always run my engine dry and burn Magnum 15%.

That's my experience.

Keith Black