[NSRCA-discussion] Glasses

TxF3A txf3a at entouch.net
Sat May 12 14:27:53 AKDT 2007

My two cents after putting a lot of time and research into this subject:

Nothing beats the optics of glass.

You want polarization.

Photochromatic lenses will give the maximum versatility.

Lens color is important; it can increase your ability to see the airplane.  Brownish or rose color seem to be the best for enhancing contrast of airplane vs. sky.

You will not find many Rx sunglass manufacturers that meet the above criteria.  Serengeti will.  In my opinion Serengeti are the best Rx sunglasses.  I am on my second pair in 6 years (needed a new Rx along the way).  I currently have the Sedona polarized lenses (rose colored).  These are very good in all light conditions and really make red's and yellow's stand out.

Regards,

Andre