[NSRCA-discussion] Bad day at the field...looking for a good plane

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Thu May 10 03:53:17 AKDT 2007

Mark,

I am sorry for your  bad day.  I had a similar lost last year on the Master maneuver downline snap.  In my case, I found that the battery cassette in my JR 10X became disconnected.  The problem was easily fixed by replacing the foam material that hold the battery.  Also I am taping the battery door with clear tape to make sure it does not move.  I got the hint from this list.  I was shock when the radio went off by just put it on a table a little harder.  When I do the snaps, I move the sticks hard and that produced enough vibration to disconnect the battery.

After reading all the feedback from this list, I decided to use two 910mah LiPo batteries in all my pattern planes.

There is one Abbra for sell in KC.  That plane is set up for a ZDZ 40 gas engine.  I think could be easily converted to YS160 removing the firewall and reinstalling a new one for the YS engine.  Let me know if you are interested and I will send you the e-mail so you can contact Pat directly.  This plane is now 11lbs 5 oz with the gas engine.  With the YS will be below 10 lbs.

--
Vicente "Vince" Bortone

From: Mark Atwood <atwoodm at paragon-inc.com>

Hey All,

Had a bad day with a new Brio at the flying field.  9th or 10th total flight...just starting to get it trimmed out, first maneuver of F-07, downline snap, about to push to inverted...and nothing. :(  Not sure what happened...no interference.  Battery was checked prior to the flight, but had 0 voltage afterwards.  Haven’t checked the system for a short yet...crash was brutal though, so hard to know what was cause, and what was result.

Amazing the sound these planes make when they crunch.  Complete carnage in a newly plowed cornfield.

Anyhow, now that I’m done drying my tears, I need a good backup plane.  Preferably something similar to the Brio, (Ideally another Brio).   Anyone have something that’s built and ready for a 1.60DZ (that I’ll need to rebuild too, since the crash torn the side off the crankcase!!)

If so, please contact me off list!  Atwoodm at paragon-inc.com

Thanks!

Mark