[NSRCA-discussion] Wheel Pants Yes or No

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat May 5 14:09:51 AKDT 2007

On full size planes they add considerable range to a tankful of gas. There's
a small reduction in drag with them on models...BUT...SO WHAT?? We strive to
achieve a constant speed model so a bit more drag is a good thing when one
considers the powerplants we have available to us.

To me, wheels without pants on a model are similar to car's wheels without
hubcaps. The look to me is Not aesthetically pleasing. On occasion I have had to
resort to tossing the pants off my models also. Sometimes practicality wins.
For example the baby Oxalys comes with pants that are just too heavy and large
for the size of the model. Didn't feel like designing an appropriate set for
mine and making a mold for a new set, SOOOO, the baby Oxalys will go without
pants. In a matter of speaking....it will stay in diapers (VBG)

MattK

In a message dated 5/5/2007 9:29:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,