[NSRCA-discussion] Official 2007 USA F3A Team Stickers are available!

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Fri Mar 23 19:57:04 AKDT 2007

To add to what Jerry said the Post office has what they call a flat rate box
and flat rate envelope.

The FLAT rate is just that. What ever you can put inside the box no matter
the weight will go for that $8.10

To let you know how awesome this is....My Dad ships on a  daily basis for
his Ebay business. He ships 52lbs sometimes in a the flat rate box. This box
is a little bigger than (2) YS engine boxes together back to back. This
52lbs would ship book rate for about $65 and take 3 years and 2 two days to
get there.

But it goes via the Flat Rate box for $8.10 and arrives in 2-3 days like all
Priority Mail... This is before any insurance and stuff....but its a cool
product. I have used it to ship a couple of things, The key is the Box must
close and seal normal, not bulging too badly. The Post office cries when dad
ships 52lbs this way but they don't argue too loud when you tell them its a
FLAT rate box. They just ask you to set it on floor behind the counter for
them.

By the way Priority is just 1st Class mail...but to stick a Priority label
on you have to pay for 1 Lb.  If you ship over 1Lb First Class its the exact
same rates as Priority mail.

This Flat Rate priority  Box rate for about 4-5lbs. SO if you are over 5lbs
and it will fit in the Flat rate box then it saves money.

They have 2 different sizes or rather 2 different shapes of flat rate boxes.
One that is square like, and another that is the thin flat box priority box
about 3in thick.

Troy