[NSRCA-discussion] Cleaners

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Mar 14 05:24:51 AKST 2007

I don't believe in pampering my airplanes, so I don't wax them.  If
you start pampering an airplane, first thing you know, it'll want a
new glow plug every flying session, a new prop or a new type of fuel
with higher nitro content.

I think of my airplanes as pickup trucks.  I expect them to be ready
to go, no matter how badly I treat them.  An airplane should be
grateful when you charge the batteries every week or so or use an old
cleaning rag to wipe areas you touch to pick them up so you don't get
oil on your hands.

Ron Van Putte