[NSRCA-discussion] Hinge Seals

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Sat Mar 10 07:09:35 AKST 2007

Jay,
 I usually use Econokote for this. Cut a strip about 3/4" wide and fold it down the middle. Don't crease it, just bend it so that you can see a line. Flex the control surface and push the strip in so that the folded area lines up with the hinge line. Iron the strip onto the fixed portion, then the control surface. I usually do this only on the top surface of the elevators and ailerons. You can do it on both sides (top and bottom) I guess. I do it on both sides on the rudder. A trim seal tool makes this job a lot easier but you can do it with a full size iron most of the time.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com