[NSRCA-discussion] YS-160 setting

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Thu Mar 8 21:10:43 AKST 2007

18.1-10 is good on the 160's I don't like the W version in Arizona on the
160.

Now the wide version is the SNIZZLE on the 170 in AZ with the Adventure or
the Astral XXc,

try the W in that thick FL air. I bet it will be better than the regular
version.

I turn will turn the 18.1-10 about 8400 on the 160 and this is loud, will
not make noise. But We have been playing with the props and some
re-discovered, old techniques and I can get to run really quiet at about
8100 and it makes noise easily and has way more punch than anything else I
have seen or flown.

The issue now is not power. The issue is grunt and pulling the model through
tough things like the "S" without needing high speed and yet digs the model
out of the hole on upline snaps and through windy conditions on the backs of
turnarounds downwind and so on. The time where you need the energy, yet the
model is not going to be acerbating up to Mach 2.

Troy