[NSRCA-discussion] Judging Question

Del K. Rykert drykert2 at rochester.rr.com
Fri Mar 2 11:36:23 AKST 2007

Hi Bob..
    I concur... When a judge has been frying their eyeballs and cooking in the chairs for a couple of hours the task at hand should be kept skillfully basic. Is going to garner the best results in the long haul. There is not time for 2nd guessing. I honestly find judging the Masters and FAI harder then flying the schedule. I have judged more contests in Canada, US including the Nats than I can count. It is not an easy task to do well and fairly. I always try to maintain my standard through all classes I sit on so I don't have to second guess as I get judging exhaustion.
    I agree with the assessment as stated by Matt K. and I believe others that the prudent pilot projects the maneuver so their is no room for question in the judges mind. Question and doubt will lead to downgrades.

    Del