[NSRCA-discussion] Spins, was Judging Question

Dean Pappas d.pappas at kodeos.com
Thu Mar 1 06:43:25 AKST 2007

Hi Jon,
Adam has got that right, but you already knew that, I'll bet.
The "lots of aileron input" spin is nowhere as deeply stalled, and in fact the
inboard wing may not be stalled at all depending on aileron size and throw.
If the inboard wing lifts immediately after the aileron neutralizes,
then your recovery will be quicker. The no-rudder spin needed time for both the airspeed
to increase and the rotation rate to decay so that the inboard wing unstalled.

later,
Dean

Dean Pappas
Sr. Design Engineer