[NSRCA-discussion] OS 1.40 RX Bearing Question

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Tue Jun 26 20:05:49 AKDT 2007

Carl,
 The "good" bearing to use has 2 seals - no shields. It's the one used in an OS 140 FI. The seals should of course stay on. If you have a shielded bearing it's probably a good idea to carefully remove the shields to allow the oil in the fuel to lubricate the bearing. The sealed bearings have lubrication in them already. I've been running the sealed bearings in my OS 160's for over 2 years now without a problem.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com