[NSRCA-discussion] Scoring Process Question

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Tue Jun 26 16:38:20 AKDT 2007

Two different flights flown by two different pilots only scored one maneuver differently....the rest of the maneuvers had identical scores.  The flights are practically identical in nearly every way except this one. The pilot with the higher score in that one maneuver would win the round.

The difference in score could be as little as 1/4 point in a potential of around 660 avg points (2 judges where one scored every maneuver the same and the other's only difference was in that maneuver). In normalized terms, that's about 3/8ths of a point in 1000. Not much of a difference but many times at large meets, that's where it comes down to. One chap goes away the Champion and the other just goes away

We have to have a yardstick and this is it

MattK