[NSRCA-discussion] Mailing list etiquette reminder

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Tue Jun 26 08:19:51 AKDT 2007

Hi all,

This notice is overdue, and for that I apologize. I was hoping recent
discussions would have run their course by now but I feel compelled to
step in.  Mike Laggis is the NSRCA list administrator, but I own the
server the mailing list currently runs on and the mailing list is
something that is near and dear to my heart.

In summary, the rules I operate by are simple:

1. I own the server, but it is administered at the direction of the
NSRCA leadership.

2. I won't tolerate the list being used to abuse or persecute anyone for
stating their opinion.  The occasional teasing, banter, reasoned debate
and "flame wars" are part of the exchange, but personal abuse is not and
will not be.

As far as I am concerned, the only valid reasons to take administrative
action against a list user are continued and deliberate abuse of the
service, the server or other list members.  While I have been hosting
the list, it hasn't been necessary to remove anyone because of their
behavior and I would very much like to keep it that way.

Some recent posts by several parties have obviously been over the line
on rule #2.  Please refrain from further accusatory posts and take the
current judging thread off list.

Thank you

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com